Wednesday 14 January 2015

Cereal Killer Cafe - Brick Lane

Ladies and Gentlemen, guys and girls, dudes and dudettes ( is that even a word?) let me talk to you about a place that I visited on Monday night which has been getting a lot of attention of late, CEREAL KILLER CAFE!!!




 
 
 
This place has been open for business for a few months now and people were quickly jumping on the bandwagon wanting to get a piece on the action. I know that its only cereal, a meal that we eat every morning Monday to Saturday ( I exclude Sunday because that's Full English day), but its cereal that  takes me back to when I was a little kid.
 
 
Yes I can understand  there are a fair share of people who think the whole concept is stupid, reasons being that its too pricey and secondly the novelty will wear off, and perhaps it will but only time will tell.
But for me its just a bit of fun and I can appreciate and roll along with it.
 
So was it what I expected? Yes and No.
 Obviously I knew what I was getting but I did not expect to come out with the biggest sugar rush and be in awe of what was inside. The kids of today are going to have a field day with this place.
 
 
 
 





As soon as you walk in you are surrounded by awesome old school memorabilia and cereal boxes. Towards the end of the room there are two massive and impressive portraits of Dexter and Hannibal Lecter created using cereal grains.









I should have asked to buy the Mr. Freeze box. It had Arnie on the front!!






The cereals on offer (above and below)






Hannibal Lecter and Dexter cereal art




 
The concept is pretty straightforward.  You pick any cereal on offer, either a small, medium or large bowl. Once you've picked what cereal you want, you choose a flavoured milk followed by toppings of either fruit or sweets.



 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 If you can't decide on a particular mix you want they do have suggestions and offer set cereal mixes but its fun to pick what you want yourself.
 
So this is what I had.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Reeses Puffs with party rings and soya milk
Cap'ain Crunch with strawberry flavoured milk and milky way stars
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lucky charms with Kinder hippo and chocolate flavoured milk
 
Hawaiian punch to wash it all down with .
 
 
 

  
Yep I look like a goon in this picture but by this point I had such a big sugar rush.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cereal Killer Café will have its haters for being a one trick pony. I wanted to go there to see what all the fuss was all about and I had fun. I mean that's all it is, fun right?. Ok I spent more than above the average on a bowl of cereal but it's not like its the end of the world and it got me buzzing and high on sugar!. I wouldn't necessarily make the effort to go there again but if I was nearby, I would more than likely pop in for half hour and have a bowl of cereal and top up my sugar levels. I would say to all of you, go there and try it out. Its not bad as the papers and reviews are trying to make it out to be.
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment